Punggol View Primary School Website > Our Curriculum > Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) > Children’s Choir
|Every Friday||2.30 pm - 4.30 pm||Music Room||Mrs Lydia Leong|
|Mrs Eng-Teng Yi Wen|
|Miss Yeong Pui San|
|Mdm Clara Tan|
|Mrs Melody Leong|
Children’s Choir was established in 2015. Students from Primary 2, 3 and 4 make up the Choir and sing under the baton of Mdm Quek Soo Hiang.
In the heart of what we do in the Punggol View Primary Choir are 5 student-centric, value-driven foci:
- Choral-singing ~ In PGVP Choir, we gather once a week to sing our hearts out in a happy and lively environment because we know that belting out a song is an enjoyable way to lift the spirits and express ourselves.
- Harmony ~ Being a primary school choir, we do two-part singing, viz. the alto (lower range) and the soprano (higher range).
- One-sound ~ We aim for voices rich in harmony and unity, so we have collaborative activities for team-building and bonding in the pipeline.
- Ingenuity ~ PGVP Choir experiences the joy of music-making and explores creativity in a cappella singing (unaccompanied singing), rhythmic movements and choreography.
- Repertoire ~ To continue its musical growth and pursuit for excellence, the PGVP Choir explores a variety of songs of different genres